Home | NHM | About NHM
The Union Cabinet vide its decision dated 1st May 2013 approved the launch of National Urban Health Mission (NUHM) as a Sub-mission of an over-arching National Health Mission (NHM), with National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) being the other Sub-mission of National Health Mission.
- NRHM-RCH Flexipool,
- NUHM Flexipool,
- Flexible pool for Communicable disease,
- Flexible pool for Non communicable disease including Injury and Trauma,
- Infrastructure Maintenance and
- Family Welfare Central Sector component.
Outcomes for NHM in the 12th Plan are synonymous with those of the 12th Plan, and are part of the overall vision. The endeavour would be to ensure achievement of those indicators in Box 1. Specific goals for the states will be based on existing levels, capacity and context. State specific innovations would be encouraged. Process and outcome indicators will be developed to reflect equity, quality, efficiency and responsiveness. Targets for communicable and non-communicable disease will be set at state level based on local epidemiological patterns and taking into account the financing available for each of these conditions.
1. Reduce MMR to 1/1000 live births
2. Reduce IMR to 25/1000 live births
3. Reduce TFR to 2.1
4. Prevention and reduction of anaemia in women aged 15–49 years
5. Prevent and reduce mortality & morbidity from communicable, non-
communicable; injuries and emerging diseases
6. Reduce household out-of-pocket expenditure on total health care expenditure
7. Reduce annual incidence and mortality from Tuberculosis by half
8. Reduce prevalence of Leprosy to <1/10000 population and incidence to zero in all
9. Annual Malaria Incidence to be <1/1000
10. Less than 1 per cent microfilaria prevalence in all districts
11. Kala-azar Elimination by 2015, <1 case per 10000 population in all blocks